For security reasons manning the doors before rehearsals is important. All members are expected to carry out a door duty approximately once every two years.
A duty list will be available at each rehearsal.
If you know you will be unable to make a duty or wish to swap then it is up to you to arrange the swap with someone else and then record on the paper copy of the duty list – there will be a space provided for this. (The website version won’t be updated.)
Please note, once the duty list is produced, it is up to members to make sure this system runs smoothly.
Your help is appreciated.
Rehearsals start at 7.30 pm. The outer door will be locked at 7.30 pm. It will be opened briefly at 8.30 pm.
Door rota instructions
- Arrive at about 7.10 pm
- Allen Prior and Norman Elliott will have arrived already.
- Allen will give you the keys to the door.
- Norman will have the attendance registers. You do not need to deal with these.
- Lock the door at 7.30 pm.
- At 8.30 pm, not necessarily the break, briefly open the door for late arrivals and early leavers.
- At 9.30pm open the door and return the keys to Allen.
- Your job is done.